At one point or another, all artists have felt as if their creativity suddenly dried up. Artistic block is the reason some of the most prominent individuals in the art world traveled abroad or locked themselves in a tiny studio. They were seeking artistic inspiration.
If you are looking for inspiration, this post is all about helping you discover a muse to jump start your creative ambition.
Being an artist means you constantly have to assess yourself
Start by asking yourself a few questions.
- At what point during the day do I feel most creative?
- When throughout the day do I have the most energy?
- When was the last time I had a moment to myself?
- When was the last time I spent a decent amount of time away from my studio?
These questions will provide you with a baseline for boosting your creativity. They should help you discern which habits are conducive to your creativity, and which are deterring you from success. Now let’s examine some specific ways you can seek out inspiration.
Here are some simple things you can do to jumpstart your creativity:
- Do you keep an art-idea journal? If you don’t already have one, an idea journal will help you start focusing ideas. Returning to your journal entries at a later date will come in handy should you encounter artistic block again.
- When was the last time you cleaned your workspace? A little cleaning and organization might be just what you need to clear your head and find a fresh start.
- When was the last time you thought about the mood of your studio? Try opening a window, relocating your easel or turning on the music. All of these small changes can offer you a new perspective and create an inspirational mood. Finding a new place to create for a day might help you tap into a different mindset.
- When was the last time you engaged in your favorite hobby? You never know when an inspirational experience might come your way. Go out and try something new, or take the time to rediscover a beloved activity.
- Have you connected with other artists lately? This website is founded on the idea that artists can inspire, and be inspired by, other artists http://artistsinspireartists.com/
We hope this post gives you a creative boost. You can find more inspirational advice by visiting this website: http://emptyeasel.com/art-business-advice/motivation/.
Be an Artist in 2 minutes with Segmation SegPlay® PC (see more details here)
- What Inspires Artwork? (broadwaygalleriesblog.com)
- Life Is the Creative Act (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- 7 Tips I Use to Spark My Creativity. (happiness-project.com)