[picapp align=”right” wrap=”true” link=”term=paint&iid=266618″ src=”0263/d819187f-34fe-414b-a774-385c73460015.jpg?adImageId=10730003&imageId=266618″ width=”234″ height=”234″ /]
Free Trial Downloads for Segmation SegPlay® PC (see more details here)
Color affects more than just the way things look – it also changes the way we perceive objects by affecting our mood and emotions. Altering the color of an item in a painting might seem like a trivial detail, but it can dramatically impact the way viewers will assess and interpret an object’s meaning.
Psychologists have studied the effects that different colors have on the human mind, and have noted significant differences in how people react to events, how they speak, and even how they score on tests when exposed to different hues.
In chromotherapy, the science of healing through color, each shade is believed to have a specific impact on mood:
• Red is invigorating and may evoke either warmth or anger
• Orange is energizing and inspires creativity
• Yellow has been shown to stimulate the mind
• Green is soothing and calming
• Blue is calming and spiritual
• Indigo is soothing and promotes introspection
• Violet is uplifting and spiritual
• Pink is warm and soothing
• White is uplifting but stark
• Black is grounding and introspective
• Silver and grey are calming
For your next project, consider the impact that your chosen colors will have on viewers. You may be surprised at the difference a red coat or a blue coat, a yellow flower or a blue flower, can have on the impact of your work.
SegPlay® Mobile iTunes now available for iPhone and iTouch
Pingback: The Healing Power of Color (www.segmation.com) « Segmation-The Art of Pieceful Imaging